After watching a TED video (this one in particular)… I was highly motivated to just do something different for 30 days. Anyone can do something for 30 days, why not get back on proper workout and diet? I’m looking forward to getting back into a lifestyle that I really prefer: being active! The workouts (combo TurboFire, Chalean Extreme, Insanity, P90X) can be quite grueling, but the results and the feeling that you get after completing the workout is incredibly rewarding! Plus, your clothes fit better, you feel more confident, and life just seems that much better!
Today, I tackled Chalean Extreme Push Circuit 1. It’s been about 2 months since my last workout. Since that time, I had gone to Guatemala…finished up my cardiac anesthesia fellowship… had some interesting life changing events…planned a trip to China with cross-country friends..and am now studying for my echo board, which I’ll take in 1 week. There’s been a lot going on. Still, that shouldn’t be an excuse. After my echo exam, I’ll finish up credentialing for my new job (starts Aug 22)…. write up a journal article….and head to China for 2 weeks. It will be busy… but I’m excited to pickup running as I think it will help me explore China and stay active as I don’t want to bring my DVDs and risk them breaking.
So, I was curious about the calorie burn for each of the workouts that I have. I stumbled upon this blog, which lays out the calorie burn for TurboFire and Chalean Extreme for a 5’10″, 150lb fit female.
TurboFIRE:HIIT 15 – 159 calsHIIT 20- 178 cals @ 1 hr I had burned 330 cals!HIIT 25- 200 calsHIIT 30- 342 cals @ 2 hrs I had burned 661 cals! (6/13-now have Bodybugg and it said 280 cals.)FIRE 30- 321 cals. (Bodybugg= 248 once and then 275 the next time. )FIRE 45ez- 400 cals @ 5 hrs I burned 1000 cals. (Note 45 ez has no FIRE drills and I think it’s bc of that I took so long to break the 1000 calories burned for the day!)FIRE 45- 543 cals @ 2hrs 45 min I had burned 1015 cals! (Bodybugg= 389 cals but modified moves bc of ankle being sore.)FIRE 55ez- 527 cals @ 3 hrs I had burned 1018 cals! (6/15-Bodybugg averages 450 cals)FIRE 60- 650 cals @ 2 hrs 8 min I burned 1000!Upper 20- 103 calsLower 20- 125 calsCore 20 – 128 calsAbs 10- 45 calsStretch 40- 175 cals (Bodybugg= 127 cals)ChaLEAN Extreme:Burn 1- 196 calsBurn 2- 253 cals @ 1 hr burned 319 cals!Burn 3- 223 cals @ 1 hr burned 339 cals!Push 1- 159 calsPush 2- 187 calsPush 3- 153 cals(Note:Push is lower reps at a higher weight, workouts are shorter so cals burned will reflect that. But let me tell you I am as sore as can be during this phase!)Lean 1- 157 calsLean 2- 144 calsLean 3- 156 calsBurn Intervals- 235 calories. (Intensity at about 7/10~ kids were running around so distracted!)Hybrid Days: (see how mixing burns more cals…)
Burn 1 (after FIRE 30): 277 cals burned total for both at 2 hrs was 826
- Fit Tip: Do One Long Workout on the Weekend (fitsugar.com)
- wow. (gettingfiredup.wordpress.com)
- Back to the Basics (thetreadmilldiaries.com)
- The Best Way to Satisfy Post-Workout Hunger (fitsugar.com)
- Celebrate Daylight Saving Time With a Morning Workout (fitsugar.com)
- How to Make the Most of Beach Workouts (fitsugar.com)
- HIIT Cardio vs. Low-Intensity (giftedearthoriginalsblog.com)
- TurboFire – HIIT 30 (aggiegrlworkout.wordpress.com)
- Do Cardio After Weight Training (projectswole.com)
- 30 minutes of bootcamp equals a 38 hour BOOST in metabolism? (HERE’S HOW) – Scott Colby (nlbootcamp.wordpress.com)
- What to do if you (or I) miss a workout… (averageguyfitness.wordpress.com)
- 7 Top Reasons Why Your Avoiding Workouts (fitnesstroop.com)
- When Do You Feel Most Sore After a Tough Workout? (fitsugar.com)