To work….which means I’ll have to run home from work. Debating on the standard 1.5 mi run home or a nice 5 mi loop. Hmmmm….such decisions. ;P
I’ve started to train for a half marathon that I’d like to run at the end of October. To stay with my training, I’ve joined my buddies across the country to keep each other motivated. This is the schedule I’m following:
To help my training….
I use RunKeeper (which I’m completely addicted to!) and MyFitnessPal. I got fitted for shoes at RoadRunner Sports…and went with the Asics Gel Kayano-18 after getting a full gait/foot/treadmill testing. I’ve gone on several runs with the shoes and I absolutely love them!!! They’re super comfy!
I also picked up:
And when it’s all said and done…. I’ll be running the Silver Strand half marathon.
- Stuck at Work? Watch the Boston Marathon on RunKeeper (bostinno.com)
- I may be dead… (courtneymilleson.com)
- Kickstarter Phenom Pebble’s First App Partner is RunKeeper [Video] (bostinno.com)
- runner’s weekend (cityinajar.com)
- Beginners’ Marathon Training Schedule, Tips for Full or Half Marathons (webmd.com)
It has been awhile since I’ve gone on a regular jog. The pounding of the pavement isn’t exactly appealing to me… but the workout must get done! Especially with just 1 week to go before the Spartan Race!!
And yes, I’m scared shitless for what we’ll put our bodies through… let’s just see if Insanity and P90X have prepared us well for this test. Nevermind the slow workout week I’ve had.
Thank you RunKeeper for grabbing my stats!
- RunKeeper App (tootallfritz.com)
- Fitness Freak – Paul Scribbans (runkeeper.com)
- Run: 4.15 mi – RunKeeper (heavymedal.wordpress.com)
- Must Download Mobile App: RunKeeper (gregbodenlos.wordpress.com)
- Must Download Mobile App: RunKeeper (thesocialsonictraveler.wordpress.com)
- RunKeeper’s new app: Now with auto pause, heart rate zones and photos (thenextweb.com)
- Now you can include friends in your RunKeeper activities! (runkeeper.com)
- RunKeeper is now available for Nokia (runkeeper.com)