- U/S guidance: probe position similar to infraclavicular block. Find 3rd, 4th rib.
- Pt position: Head away from side of block. Ipsilateral arm abducted.
- PEC 2: Inject 20 ml 0.25% bupi between pec minor and serratus.
- PEC 1: Inject 10 ml 0.25% bupi between pec major and pec minor.
- Serratus: 5th rib, mid-axillary line. Inject 30 ml 0.125% bupi along top (superficial) and bottom (deep) of serratus muscle (which is just deep to the latissmus dorsi).
Update: Oct 24, 2018
PECs blocks in Cardiac Surgery