I played around with a skateboard when I was a kid. I thought it was neat to hang with the boys and skate in the driveway/street. Well, I didn’t get much street time as the street was paved with loose gravel on tar — which melted in the Texas summers.
I came across this YouTube vid: https://youtu.be/jdJjW7pknfE and decided I wanted to give it a try. Why are so many middle agers trying something that kids do often?
Great advice on getting a skateboard and beginner techniques:
Which skateboard to get?
- Thought Co: Complete skateboarding buying guide
- Best skateboard decks money can buy
- Ospreysports UK: Choosing a Skateboard
- Best skateboards for beginners: 2017 review
- SurfScience: Skateboards to help your surfing
My current thoughts:
- I really like the idea of a carve board — I don’t really see myself getting all that crazy with tricks. But the added benefit of being able to get a nice surfing/snowboarding simulator seems awesome!
- I’m leaning towards the 34″ Greenroom Complete with C7 truck or the 36″ Venice Blue Complete with C7 truck
What I got:
What my husband got:
Any suggestions? What would you get?