The ukulele… it’s gotta be one of the most portable and entertaining instruments in the world! I first came across this instrument while listening to Somewhere Over the Rainbow. The sound just gave off such a positive happy vibe. Then, a super gifted ukulele player by the name of Jake Shimabukuro caught my eye while scrolling through YouTube. His rendition of this song was incredible! I was hooked and just had to learn to play. So, here’s what I did….
- Which size ukulele to get?
- What kind/brand of ukulele to get?
- Ukulele strap to help hold the instrument in position
- Carrying case
- Clip-on tuner
Learn how to play:
- Cynthia Lin — she has amazing tutorials! It’s worth signing up on Patreon for lessons!
- Bernadette Teaches Music
- Ukulele Underground
- The Ukulele Teacher
- Ukulele Road Trips
- Top Uke Tips for Beginners
Resources I’ve bookmarked:
Now I’m looking at a new uke:
- Best Concert Ukes
- Best Tenor Ukes
- Best Soprano Ukes
- Best Intermediate Ukes 2017
- Best Pineapple Ukes 2018
My uke and accessories:
- My Ukes
- Lanikai LU-21C Concert Ukulele Bundle with Gig Bag, Clip-On Tuner, Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD, and Polishing Cloth (my first uke) – 2015
- KA-SSTU-T Travel Tenor Ukulele by Kala (my 2nd uke) – 2017
- Kala KA-KIWI Kiwi Silk Screen Mahogany Soprano Ukulele by Kala (my 3rd uke, purchased with my kids in mind as their starter uke) – 2018
- My tuner: Snark SN6 Clip-On Ukulele Tuner (Black)
- My uke strap: Clip On Ukulele Strap Black Color Adjustable In Various Length From Lohanu Ukulele Hook & Clips On Requires No Drilling Easy To Use Fits Any Uke Sizes
- My capo: Shubb Lite Ukulele Capo – Anodized Silver